There are no seminars scheduled at this time. Please check back later for upcoming dates.
SURS is offering Retirement Education Seminars for members enrolled in the Traditional and Portable plans. The following one-day seminars will be held at the SURS office in Champaign. The sessions will be specific to your employer type.
These seminars will be held from approximately 9:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Registration is required. The enrollment fee is $20 per member and $10 for a non-member guest. Lunch will be provided.
Registration is limited to members who are 45 years of age or older.
To register, please log in to your SURS member webpage and click on the seminar registration link in the Attention box. If you do not have access to a computer or would prefer to register by phone, please call 800-275-7877 and speak to a Member Service Representative.
Topics will include:
- Eligibility for retirement
- Purchasing additional service credit cost, availability, ways to purchase, how the purchase may benefit you
- How benefits are calculated under both Money Purchase (if applicable) and General Formula
- What happens when you pass away
- Death Benefits who qualifies, amount payable
- Survivor Benefits who qualifies, amount payable
- Applying for your retirement benefit
- What happens after you retire Preliminary Estimated Payment stage (PEP), taxes, Automatic Annual Increase (AAI), returning to work after retirement
- Using the online Member Estimator
- Benefits to having a counseling appointment within four years of retirement
|9:30 a.m.||Welcome||SURS Representative|
|9:45 a.m.||Social Security Overview||Social Security Representative|
|11:00 a.m.||Insurance Overview||SURS Representative|
|1:00 p.m.||SURS Traditional & Portable Overview||SURS Representative|
|3:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Adjourn|