The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) Board of Trustees and Executive Director Martin Noven on Friday announced SURS will hold a trustee election in 2018 to fill three expiring trustee terms. The board approved hiring Election-America, a full-service election management company, to conduct the election.
Elected Trustees Dorinda Miller (active-member trustee), Steven Rock (active-member trustee) and John Engstrom’s (annuitant-member trustee) terms will expire in June of 2018.
The election will be held April 2 through May 1, 2018. Nominating petitions will be available from SURS beginning Oct. 2, 2017. Candidates should contact Kelly Carson at [email protected] for information. Completed petitions will be due to SURS on Jan. 31, 2018.
SURS members will receive information on the election process and candidates in the coming months.
In other business before the board:
- A $20 million commitment with the Dune Real Estate Fund IV LP was approved, subject to successful contract negotiations.
- Finalists were interviewed for non-core private commercial real estate debt commingled fund investment management services. The following commitments were approved:
- $20 million to the Axonic Income Fund with the condition that Axonic fulfills the investment of $250 million in the fund no later than May 1, 2018
- The lesser of $30 million or 10 percent of the assets committed to the BIG (Basis Investment Group) Real Estate Fund I, LP
- $30 million to Oaktree Real Estate Debt Fund II, LP
- The Investment Consultant RFP originally posted on July 17, 2017, was rescinded, with plans to reissue at a later date.