- This event has passed.
Virtual Defined Benefit Pre-Retirement Seminar
October 20, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
SURS offers Retirement Education Seminars for Tier I members enrolled in the Traditional and Portable plans. These seminars are virtual webinars will be held from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. You are not required to be present for all sections. See the schedule below for information on when to attend.
Admission is FREE. Registration is required.
Wednesday, October 20th
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST
Topics will include:
- Eligibility for retirement
- Purchasing additional service credit cost, availability, ways to purchase, how the purchase may benefit you
- How benefits are calculated under both Money Purchase (if applicable) and General Formula
- What happens when you pass away
- Death Benefits who qualifies, amount payable
- Survivor Benefits who qualifies, amount payable
- Applying for your retirement benefit
- What happens after you retire Preliminary Estimated Payment stage (PEP), taxes, Automatic Annual Increase (AAI), returning to work after retirement
- Using the online Member Estimator
- Benefits to having a counseling appointment within four years of retirement
|8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.||State Health Insurance Overview – Download Handout|
|9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||State Health Insurance Q&A/Break|
|10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.||SURS Retirement Education – Download Handout|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Retirement Education Q&A/Break|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Social Security Presentation – Download Handout|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Social Security Q&A/Break|
|2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||CIP Health Insurance Overview – Download Handout|
|3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||CIP Health Insurance Q&A|
A computer with speakers or a headset and high speed internet access is required to attend this event. SURS webinars utilize Cisco WebEx Event software. The first time you attend an event, WebEx Event Center Manager will automatically be installed on your computer. However, if the computer you will be using requires an administrator to perform downloads; you should plan to download the application in advance.