The training for the position will take place in Champaign, Ill., with the expectation of moving to Naperville, Ill., when the training program is complete.
- Counsel SURS members in regard to all SURS benefits and calculate retirement estimates
- Understand all service credit purchases and potentially calculate costs
- Provide customer service including occasional call center hours
- Work independently, as well as within a team atmosphere
- Continue education of SURS policies and procedures
- Provide group presentations and retirement education
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or associate degree and at least one year of customer service experience, or high school diploma with three years of customer service-related experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Strong organizational skills
This position requires the ability to drive a car and travel alone away from home for two or more consecutive nights. Must be flexible and able to travel before and after business hours. Candidate must be able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license, as well as proof of automobile insurance as required by the Illinois Vehicle Code 625 ILCS 5/1 et seq.
Candidate must also be able to speak for one or more hours to large groups. The candidate must be prompt, professional, compassionate and courteous while adhering to a 45-minute appointment schedule.
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Participation in SURS retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Business casual attire
Apply for this Position
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.