The Internal Audit Associate plans, prepares and performs audit programs assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor. Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform walkthroughs to obtain an understanding of the transaction cycle and identify internal controls in place. Document in narrative form the understanding gained and internal controls identified.
- Update the audit program for the current year based upon changes in current processes and state statutes.
- Perform internal audits as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provide written and verbal feedback regarding exceptions or process improvements based upon the results of the audits performed.
- Verification of computerized calculations of contributions, interest, service credit, and benefits.
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred. Advanced degree or professional designation such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- A minimum of two years relevant auditing experience
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, principles, theory, concepts and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate and effectively present audit findings to Chief Internal Auditor and department mangers
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Participation in SURS retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Business casual attire
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.