SURS benefit recipients may be eligible for the State of Illinois Group Insurance Plan or the College Insurance Program (CIP).

To be eligible for the State Group Health Plan, you must meet the minimum vesting requirement for service credit with a state university or an agency of the State of Illinois. Community Colleges are not state agencies. To be eligible for the CIP, you must have been a full-time employee of any SURS-participating Community College and eligible for benefits. City Colleges of Chicago do not participate in the CIP.

State Employee Insurance Plan

Insurance information for members in the state employee insurance plan.

College Insurance Plan
Information about the college insurance plan.

Insurance Providers
A listing of all the State of Illinois health, dental, vision, prescription and life insurance providers.

TRAIL (Medicare Advantage)

Insurance information for members in the Medicare Advantage – TRAIL Plans.



 Other Insurance Resources